FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
10/23/09 Yolanda and Diana, early 20's
"Based on the Ten Commandments, would God find you to be guilty or innocent on Judgment Day?" "Guilty" they both agreed. "Where would He send you, Heaven or Hell" "Hell" they said. "Is that something to be concerned about?" "Yes" they nodded, soberly. I had met Yolanda and Diana while they were on a smoke break outside Home Depot, and at first they laughed off my questions about what happens when we die. Yolanda even stated she would end up in Hell, but in a mocking, sarcastic tone, blaming her Catholic church for feelings of guilt that she didn't feel she deserved. Sin seemed trivial, and Hell seemed unreasonable to them, so I walked them through a "good person test", asking how they would do compared to several of the Commandments. I didn't judge them, but held up the mirror of God's law (James 1) so they could see themselves as they really are - liars, thieves, blasphemers, adulterers and murderers at heart. They gave no indication of being offended or feeling I was judging them, for they had judged themselves and caught a glimpse of the wickedness of their own sin before a Holy God. It didn't seem so funny anymore. "I know Hell is a hard subject to think about, and it should be, because it is terrifying, and I don't want you to end up there, and God doesn't either. If you could find some way to be declared innocent on Judgment Day, would you want to know about it?" "Yes" they nodded, and I proceeded to tell them the good news of salvation in Jesus. "Before you go to sleep tonight, make sure you have a talk with God" I told them before they had to get back to work.

No comments: