FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
11/11/09 Percy, about 70

On a sidewalk outside a shopping center I used a million dollar bill tract to start a conversation with a retired man named Percy. He had led a life of drinking and womanizing until he suddenly decided "I'm too old for this" and turned to the Lord. He said that every time he receives his pension check, he thinks about how he had lived and says to himself "I don't deserve this money" and believes that is how he will also feel that way about heaven. His faith is in Jesus for salvation, but he isn't involved in a church and often turns to some Jehovah's Witnesses and TV preachers when he has questions about the Bible. He had many questions for me as well. I warned him of some pitfalls to watch out for when going to these sources for advice, and that he needs to be involved in a local fellowship, not just for what he can receive but for what he can contribute to others. He thoughtfuly said "that's a good point" and I hope and pray he will get involved in a local Bible-based church.

No comments: