FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
11/13/09 Brian and Miles, about 20
I don't often stop to talk to people while driving down the street but on a whim - hopefully prompted by the Holy Spirit - I stopped to talk to Brian and Miles as they hung out on the sidewalk. Miles had just seen the movie "2012" about the end of the world and Brian had heard a lot about it, and they were very open to talking about spiritual things. They had both gone to Catholic high schools and were aware of the teachings of major world religions, but Brian had come to the conclusion that while he hoped for some sort of existence in the afterlife, "we all probably just turn into dirt." Miles told me he had no idea what comes after this life, but was very interested in talking about it. I had listened to their theories for 5 or 10 minutes when Brian asked "What about you? What do you believe?" I was glad he asked of course and explained biblical teachings about God, judgment day, and our accountability for our sin. I asked "Does the devil make us sin or do we decide to do it on our own?" which prompted some great answers and they asked "If God knows what we will do in advance do we have any choice about it?" I took them through some of the Ten Commandments and they both readily admitted to their sins, making no excuses. They were asking the same question the disciples asked Jesus - "Who then can be saved?" when the friends they had been waiting for arrived to pick them up. I was sorry our conversation had to end but was glad that at least I had some biblical info to give them. I believe they''ll read it.

No comments: