FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
11/17/09 Richard, about 70
I went to another crowded Burger King looking for a conversation by asking people for an informal interview. An impeccably dressed elderly gentleman at a table answered "It depends on what you are asking about". I said "I'd like to ask about your beliefs, for example, do you believe in a higher power?" "If you mean God than yes, I'm Catholic and I believe in God." He (Richard) told me he isn't sure if he believes in eternal life, however, and thinks that much of the Bible was made up by people. His doubts began on a tour of Israel he went on several years ago when his tour guide raised many questions that he didn't know how to answer. Richard really warmed up to our conversation and I could see he enjoyed the company. He loved to talk about anything so it was hard to stay on spiritual topics. He is fairly elderly and seemed kind of unsure of himself so out of respect I decided to avoid a more confrontational approach and just give him some friendly advice. I described how most people I talk to believe they are good enough to deserve to go to heaven, but the Bible says that we have all broken God's laws and deserve punishment. Jesus died to take the punishment for all who will trust in Him. We talked a long time and I enjoyed talking with him too. I felt bad when it came time to leave. I hope I see him again in heaven someday.

No comments: