FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
11/26/09 Don, about 70
While jogging in Minnesota Thanksgiving morning I struck up a conversation with Don, who was out working on his fence. He loved to talk, so it wasn't hard after a few minutes to say "Can I ask you an interesting question?" "Oh sure" he replied, and he was very open to answering my questions about God's existence. But what he really liked talking about was himself, and he soon veered to a variety of topics about his life experiences that he was more interested in. I steered the conversation back to spiritual things, but after having to do that several times it was obvious Don had no interest in talking about the things of God. Though he grew up in the United Brethren church and now attends a Lutheran church on occasion, he is really unsure whether God or eternal life exists. He had agreed that eternity is important to prepare for, and had told me about all his land holdings and the wealth he had accumulated, so as I said goodbye I gave a friendly warning: "You know you can't take any of this with you when you go, but what is really important is to obtain the forgiveness that can only come through Jesus Christ." God can use even these few words of truth to speak into the life of an unbeliever like Don. Let's pray He will.

No comments: