FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
12/1/09 Ernesto, about 40
At the park today I began to talk with Ernesto, but he said his English was limited so I gave him a Spanish "Es usted una buena persona? (Are you a good person?) tract . Instead of walking away he began to read it and, in his limited English, began to ask questions about it. I am learning Spanish, so for the first time I began to use my limited Spanish to better explain my answers. I am so grateful to Ernesto for his patience with me and for his interest in finding out the truth of the Gospel. Ernesto rarely attends church. His main question about religion is that so much harm has been done in God's name from a variety of religions. I told him that if people aren't behaving as Jesus taught then they are not really Jesus' followers even though they might claim to be. I emphasized that he must read the Bible for himself so that he can know Jesus' teachings and follow them closely. I shared the Law of Moses and salvation in Jesus. Ernesto said "thank you my friend" as we parted ways.

No comments: