FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
12/14/09 Mario, about 35
"I want to see you in heaven someday!" Do people get offended by a complete stranger telling them this sincerely? No one in my experiences has so far. I told this to Mario, a shopper at Home Depot, after I had struck up a conversation with the question "Will you go to heaven?" on the back of the million dollar tract. He obviously hadn't put much thought into questions about eternity, trusting that his church attendance will keep him in good standing with God. I tried to help him understand that God has a different standard - the Ten Commandments - and as I talked about a few he realized he hadn't kept them as well as he thought. He had to get back to his shopping, but my hope is that even a brief conversation about eternal things can help bring him a few steps forward toward a right relationship with God.

No comments: