FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
01/03/10 Quinn, about 30
Sunday night at Starbucks. Quinn, a CPA and father of three young children, sought refuge there with his laptop to catch up on some accounting work before Monday morning. I told him I am from a local church and he graciously agreed to answer some questions about his beliefs. Quinn grew up Catholic, fell away from church soon after college, and has recently begun to attend mass again for the sake of his children. He believes all major religions teach basically the same thing and appreciates the moral benefits of religion for his children and society in general, but doesn't believe in the biblical concept of God or eternal life. "To me the idea of eternal life lessens the importance of love and commitment and everything that makes life worth living in the here and now". I told him I felt the opposite, that life would be meaningless if this is all there is to it. His views on morality are that good and bad are relative to one's culture, which makes sense if there is no God to determine absolute morality. If there IS a God whom we are accountable to, Quinn told me he would be judged to have done more bad than good in his life, and this surprised me because the vast majority of people I talk to think the opposite. We looked at this blog on his laptop and he asked what else I've learned from all my conversations. The main thing is how much a work of God salvation is. Just as we didn't choose to be born, no one can choose to be born again. It's not a decision; it simply becomes our only option. Thanks for a good conversation Quinn, hope I did it justice! Write a comment or e-mail me!

No comments: