FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
01/04/09 Kevin, about 20
After work today I met Marty (an elder at church) at his office and we went to a nearby grocery store to find someone we could share the good news of salvation with. Marty is new to "grocery store witnessing" so I assured him we wouldn't be arrested! He observed how I begin a witnessing conversation with a few laughs by giving people a million dollar bill gospel tract (the ones I had today have President Obama on the front). I try to be very up front in explaining that these are gospel tracts and then I just jump right in and ask people about their beliefs and how they think God might judge them. People usually seem open to talking a little but are often too caught up in their shopping for a long conversation. Today we talked longest with Kevin, who said he isn't sure if he believes in God or heaven anymore. He had been involved in church and seemed to have a good understanding of his guilt in breaking God's commandments and the message of Jesus and the cross, but told us he is no longer interested in church because of the hypocrisy he observed in the members there. I tried to help him understand first that not all church attendees are believers, and that those that are often need to be more mature. I encouraged Kevin to reconsider faith in Christ and who we are without Him, gave him some additional info, and Marty and I went on our way.

No comments: