FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
01/10/10 Sizhou about 22
Right before church started today a young Chinese man walked in inquiring about Christianity and I was asked to explain it to him. I had an up-front role in the service a little later so I knew my time was limited, yet I didn't want to miss this opportunity because I know first impressions are important and I probably wouldn't have a second chance after the service. So I began by learning about Sizhou. He just moved to America and grew up in a completely atheistic environment in China. He had no knowledge of any religion including Christianity and so had never heard of the Ten Commandments, never opened a Bible, and knew nothing of Jesus except he had seen the image of Jesus on a cross. Yet he believed in God or at least a spirit of some sort who created everything. I started with several of the Ten Commandments, and explained that even though Sizhou did not know them he and all people are still required to follow God's law that is written on our hearts - we all have a conscience and know right from wrong. Yet he has not obeyed it and will be held accountable before God on judgment day as a lawbreaker. God's justice calls for sin to be punished. He would be condemned to hell. What a great way to treat a new guest to church, right?!! Yet now Sizhou was ready to hear the good news of Jesus and I was privileged to explain it to him. All this in about 20 minutes. Sizhou thoroughly enjoyed the service, had some questions afterward, took some more info, and we plan on meeting again to talk more on Wednesday. A great benefit of regular witnessing is that it helps us clearly articulate the gospel whenever the need arises, and I truly believe my experiences have prepared me for such a time as this.

1 comment:

Jill said...

How wonderful to meet someone ready to listen like Sizhou! I hope your meeting with him goes well