FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
01/13/10 Michael, about 25
Does witnessing ever get easier? After a year of everyday witnessing I still get that same paralyzing fear that I had all the time at first, just not so often. Today it came back.  I went to three different places and took half an hour before I finally worked up the nerve to talk to someone. I'm not sure why this still happens but the good thing is it happens far less often.  I finally talked to Michael at a grocery store, who is an active member at large black Pentecostal church. I asked "How can you be sure of heaven?" "Well I spread His word and follow His teachings". I tried a different approach: "If I came to you and asked how I could know I am going to heaven, what would you tell me?" "Well I would say follow His teachings, go to church and catch the Holy Ghost." Unlike Douglas of a few days earlier, Michael had no problem when I clarified that we can't earn heaven, that Jesus died for sinners, and that we need to trust Him rather than our own efforts for salvation. Michael felt that my use of the Ten Commandments to help people see their need for Christ made things very clear, and was excited about using this approach himself. I gave him some of my million dollar tracts to help him start some conversations, and prayed for him, that he will share the gospel with boldness and clarity.

No comments: