FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
1/08/10 Eka, about 30
Today for the first time my daughter Hannah, 16, accompanied me on an intentional witnessing outing to the grocery store. She observed as I talked to Eka, a professionally dressed Muslim woman, originally from Indonesia and now working here as an interior designer. We had a nice conversation about her experiences and beliefs as a Muslim, including a visit to the holy city of Mecca. I brought her through the "good person test" based on the Ten Commandments to help her personalize her sins and know that she will ultimately be held accountable for them. She agreed that God would indeed find her guilty of breaking his law, and to the concept that a just God would be offended if we expect Him to accept our good works as a sort of bribe to overlook the punishment we deserve. I asked if it would be okay to just explain basic Christian beliefs, which was okay with her, so I did. She said she always wondered what people mean when they say "Jesus died for our sins" Now she knows.

Note: During these cold winter months the only places I often think of for witnessing are grocery stores, coffee shops, fast food restaurants, laundromats, etc., - in other words, the "marketplace".  I have some more thoughts on this below under "Thoughts and Ideas"

No comments: