FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
2/11/10 Brian, 18
Coming home from work I stopped at IIT and went in the student center where I found Brian, a freshman medical engineering student, sitting on the floor working on his laptop, and he agreed to answer my questions. His parents, who had been forced to attend their Catholic church by his grandparents, didn't want to force their beliefs upon their kids so after he completed his CCD classes,church attendance was optional and he promptly quit attending. Why? "All they do is ask for money. I think they are hypocrites". "Do you believe in God" "No, I believe in evolution." "How will you raise your own children?" "The same way. After CCD, I'll let them decide for themselves." Brian acknowledged that yes, its possible that God exists, so on this basis I began to ask how well he has kept God's law, or his own conscience for that matter. He acknowledged his guilt in breaking them; that he is, as he had judged himself, a liar, a blasphemer, and a murderer and adulterer at heart. According to the Bible he would be found guilty on judgment day and by God's standard deserves hell, not heaven. Does this concern him? " I'm not worried, I'll take my chances ". I told him that "there's more to the story" and I really wanted to be able to tell him about Jesus, but I knew he wasn't ready for it. "God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble." James 4:6

No comments: