FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
2/3/10 Gerald, about 50
At a south loop deli a well dressed lawyer named Gerald (I think) gave me permission to ask him some questions, so I sat at his table and began: "Do you consider yourself to be a spiritual person?" "I am a Christian" "Did you grow up attending church?" "Yes, but I didn't become a Christian until I was 28" "What happened at that time?" "A woman at my law firm asked me if I were to die tonight, would I be 100 percent sure I would go to heaven. That got my attention. I couldn't stop thinking about it. She gave me a book to read and invited me to her church. Six months later I put my faith in Jesus Christ. I've been active in the church ever since." Gerald and I had a wonderful half hour of fellowship as we talked and shared how God has been working in our lives. He encouraged me to continue on in my witnessing, and I encouraged him to share the Gospel with others in much the same way that it had been shared with him. He was interested to find out more about "Law and Grace" evangelism, using the law to bring people to Christ. Since he is already a Christian this wasn't a witnessing conversation, but I believe the Kingdom of Heaven was advanced nonetheless.

No comments: