FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
2/9/10 Josh, about 30
It need not take long to plant a seed that could grow to eternal life. On my way home from work, Marty (church elder) had a short window of time between work appointments during which we could go witness, so we went to "fish" at the grocery store. After several shorter friendly exchanges encouraging people to think about eternity, we had a somewhat longer talk with Josh, who said that he didn't believe in heaven or God, other than as a sort of "energy source" that will go on forever. I asked if he believed eternal life is at least possible. He said that yes, it is possible but was puzzled by people who claimed to know for certain about such things. I said 'Well, if there is a God, then he must have made us for a reason, and surely He wouldn't leave us guessing but would reveal himself to us in some way." Josh then gave an interesting answer - "And maybe this is his way of talking to me. If that's the case, then I appreciate what you are doing".   I'm not sure exactly what he meant by this, and got the impression that he would have talked further had he not been pressed for time. I could have been pushy and insisted on continuing to talk, but in this case I think that would have put the focus on my own insensitivity. Marty and I both felt that for Josh, this 5 minute conversation could be a simple but powerful reminder of the possibility of eternity that he will not soon forget.

No comments: