FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
3/03/10 London, LaWanda, both about 30
At Burger King after work I went to each table passing out million dollar tracts with short conversations at each to point out the questions on the back. I met Javier and his teenage daughter, Becky who are believers and active in a Christian music ministry. At the next table a man named London was very confident that he will go to heaven one day. For her part LaWanda has doubts about heaven, yet rattled off a long list of reasons why she is a good person. They both believe they are good people compared to others, but I told them that the Bible teaches we will be judged not in comparison to other people but according to God's perfect standard, the Ten Commandments. As I talked about some of the commandments London and LaWanda began to sober up from their lighthearted attitude toward God and our conversation became more serious. A right relationship with God must not be simply assumed or taken for granted. I explained how God's justice could only be satisfied through the perfect sacrifice - His own Son. They both received the Gospel on an intellectual level and told me they really thought our conversation was no accident; that God had sent me to talk to them. They had to leave, but were very grateful I had stopped to talk. After they left I went back to Javier and Becky, who had heard our conversation, and we prayed together for London and LaWanda.

No comments: