FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
3/05/10 Edwin, about my age (47)
I "happened upon" a businessman looking at the realty postings outside a real estate agency and struck up a conversation. We talked first about the neighborhood and real estate, and when I began to transition to a spiritual conversation Edwin said "You have something to tell me don't you? I can see it in your face. It is no coincidence that we are talking here today!" Edwin invited me to sit down to talk and bought me coffee at a nearby McDonalds. He told me how he has come from unbelief to faith in God's existence through a series of events over the last few years, both bad and good. I felt a lot like Peter when he was summoned by Cornelius to hear the message that he had from God (Acts 10:33), because it was obvious that Edwin believed God was about to give him a message in what I had to tell him. And God did, because although Edwin has come to faith in God's existence, it was obvious that the specifics of God's judgment and mercy through faith in Christ had never been clearly explained to him. Edwin received it with such a heartfelt concern and joy that I felt he already had faith before our conversation even though he had no knowledge of what he had faith in. We talked about 45 minutes, but I had to get going to pick up my daughter from school, so before I left I prayed for Edwin, encouraging him to read the Bible and follow God faithfully. Another man heard all this and began asking all about my church but before leaving Edwin told me "I am so glad you took the time out to explain all this to me. Thank you!"

No comments: