FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
4/01/10 Paul, about 40
I walked down the sidewalk in Chicago's University Village and asked a man on a bench (Paul) if he had a minute for a few questions. He gave a slight head nod and said "go ahead". I asked if he believes in a higher power and he said he believes in God and in His Son, Jesus Christ. Without really knowing my beliefs he told about how he came to faith in Jesus at age 24 after several close calls with death due to his involvement in a street gang. He asked about my beliefs and I shared much of my story as well. In some ways he seemed like a mature believer, yet I was able to counsel and pray with him about some key areas of his Christian walk including his church involvement, his theological understanding of Jesus' death and resurrection, his role as spiritual leader in his home, and sharing his faith with others. I praise God for His gift of fellowship and the discovery of fellow believers when I least expect it.

No comments: