FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
4/11/10 Grant, about 20
Today I walked my dog on the campus at IIT, near my house. Somehow walking my dog made me feel like I was less of a threat to people. I met Grant, an IIT student who grew up Presbyterian but left the church when he left home and does not belief in God's existence, though he said he does wonder sometimes if there is some sort of higher power. I told him that I do believe in God, mainly just from looking around and knowing that way, way back in the beginning someone or something totally outside of our understanding must have created that which we do understand, matter and energy. If there is a creation there must have been a Creator, and if there is a Creator he must have had a purpose for creating, and if he had a purpose surely he would reveal it to us. Grant said, "Then I have two questions - who decides how he revealed himself to us and why does he allow so much suffering?" I could see he didn't have time for my answer, so I just told him those are great questions, gave him a booklet that speaks to those questions, and encouraged him to keep seeking answers.

No comments: