FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
4/3/10 Marcus, 30, and Marlin, about 25
Today I woke up with clarity, seeing yesterday as a simple reminder of my dependence on the Lord for anything good that happens in and through me. I found it easy to minister to others and spent some time talking to Marcus and Marlin, two hip-hop dressed African Americans that I met while shopping at Target. Marcus had received Christ in his early teens, attended a Christian high school and two years of Bible college, and toured with a Christian choir, but now stays far clear of church because of the hypocrisy he has experienced and his own sinful lifestyle which keeps him from becoming a hypocritical church attendee himself. His friend Marlin, on the other hand, didn't have much of a church background but told me he has been trying to "get his head on straight" because of sin in his life, and decided to hang out with Marcus because he felt it would help. I spent some time sharing the Gospel clearly with Marlin, while Marcus cheered me on. I was sharing the biblical truths that Marcus felt disqualified by sin to say to his friend. They both appreciated this "wake-up call" from God. "Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God—through Jesus Christ our Lord!" Romans 7:23-25

No comments: