FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
5/1/10    Kim, Charlie   both about 30
I'm visiting relatives on New York's Long Island, and went out late last night to cause some godly trouble (Acts 17:6) in the middle of the lively nightlife scene.  A couple, dressed head to toe in leather and sporting dark sunglasses and army-style helmets, were getting on their motorcycle when I tried to engage them in conversation.  They looked at me like I was from another planet (because of course I don't have that Long Island accent) when I told them I had an interesting question to ask of them. Kim was more interested in finding out where I was from, guessing first that I was from Ireland, then Canada.  Charlie was curious about the question I was about to ask.  I told them a little about myself, then asked if they had any spiritual beliefs.  "Do you believe there's a God, or such a thing as eternal life?"  In my experience most people love to talk about their beliefs, but not these two.  "Well if we did, we wouldn't tell you" Kim answered.  "Just give me your pamplet or whatever you have because we've got to go".  Not a great start for a conversation, but I was somehow able to talk quite a while with these two through a series of "Isn't it possible" questions:  "Isn't it possible that God DOES exist, wouldn't he would try to communicate with us somehow?"  "Isn't it possible that there IS eternal life - wouldn't it be an important subject to talk about here on earth?"   "Isn't it possible that there IS judgment, and we will be held accountable to God?"  These questions sparked some good conversation, even though neither of these two did share what they really do believe.  Toward the end I asked "I'm not claiming this is true, but isn't it possible that God would send a complete stranger to you in the middle of the night, as a way of getting a message through to you?"  Charlie had an interesting response: "That's exactly why I'm still talking to you"

No comments: