FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
5/27/10 Jaime, about 35
I used a "million dollar bill" tract as a conversation starter with Jaime, who speaks limited English. He grew up Catholic, but doesn't seem to be thinking much about God or eternal life. I hope our conversation could be used by God as an attention-getter to get him thinking in that direction. I have been learning Spanish in order to share the Gospel with the many Spanish speakers around me, although my slow progress can be frustrating. The thing I took away from this conversation is the realization that as language learners we can understand a lot more than we are able to speak, and so I was able to share quite a bit in English with Jaime even though I could tell he really couldn't hold up his end of an English conversation. At the same time, I used my limited Spanish to let him know that I truly understand the frustration. I was glad to have a law/grace Spanish Gospel tract to leave with him.

No comments: