FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
5/5/10 Nick, Jaime, both about 25
Passing out "million dollar bill" gospel tracts is a fun way to start witnessing conversations, and I was doing just that after work today when I saw two businessmen (Nick and Jaime) sitting and talking in their SUV. Their window was open so I gave them both MDB tracts and told them about the "good person" questions on the back. They immediately began to read them with great interest, so I waited until they were done and a good conversation began. Nick agreed with the conclusion - that we have broken God's laws and don't deserve heaven - and were surprised when I told them that "purgatory" (the idea of temporary punishment to cleanse our sins) is not a biblical option. I explained that God's justice demands punishment for sin, but in His mercy He allows someone else to take our punishment for us. However, only a perfect person who isn't also guilty of their own sins would be an acceptable substitute, and that's exactly what Jesus did on the cross. After we talked a while Nick said, "Thank you for these insights, you've given us some good things to think about, but we do need to get back to work." and they gladly took my contact information. In hindsight, from the way they interacted I think Nick was Jaime's boss or supervisor and they were having some sort of business meeting, and I'm grateful for his graciousness in taking the time to talk.

No comments: