FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
6/18/10 Jim, about 45
After a long drive from Chicago to Minnesota and limping into my parents driveway with a leaking transmission, then breaking a bolt off while trying to fix it, my plans for the weekend were on the line as I tried to fix the problem before nightfall. I had to make the long trip back to town for various parts or tools 5 times before finishing. All this time I knew that if I wanted to share the gospel that day I would need to talk to someone in the midst of this. I would need to overcome the other major obstacle to witnessing besides fear - putting aside my own busy schedule to make time for someone else. I really couldn't pull myself out of my busy-ness enough to talk to anyone until God did it for me. The salesman at the hardware store (Jim) sold me the wrong parts and I didn't discover it until I was back working under the car. Back to town I went where I tried to tell the Jim of his mistake as graciously as possible. He showed great appreciation for my positive attitude so after my final purchase I offered him a million dollar bill gospel tract. I told him about the gospel message on the back with its question about heaven, challenging him to take the "good person test" and humbly admitting that I had failed it myself. He was very interested and appreciative but had to get back to work and we really couldn't talk any further, so this may have been a case where my actions (and the tract I gave him) had to speak louder than my words.

No comments: