FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
6/20/10 Otis, 19
On the sidewalk I met a respectful young man (Otis) who had grown up going to church and informed me that he was confident he will go to heaven. I said "Well I definitely want to see you there one day so you don't mind if I ask you just a few questions to make sure. How can you know you will go to heaven?" He described how he confesses his sins and tries not to repeat them, and believes God forgives him when he asks for forgiveness. I found it curious that he didn't mention Jesus in all this so I asked "What do you think Jesus Christ had to do with forgiveness? Why did he die on the cross?" "I think he came to be a good role model for us" was his answer. "Do you read your Bible?" I asked. "No sir, I do not" he answered respectfully and agreed that he needed to. I took him through five of the 10 Commandments to help personalize his sin, and told him how God's love and demand for justice requires punishment. About this time a recently released convict/homeless man (Antoine) came up to us, needing to talk and asking for prayer. I told Otis I would stay to talk with Antoine and Otis went on his way with some good questions and some good literature to help answer them.

No comments: