FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
6/2/10 Raymond, about 25
While shopping at Home Depot I began a conversation with a fellow shopper by offering him a "million dollar bill" tract. "It has a gospel message on the back with a good question - 'Will you go to Heaven?' and it gives a 'good person test'...Are you a good person?" "Oh, I'm a very good person" Raymond responded. He was surprised when I told him I failed it myself. I asked if he has a church background, and he told me he grew up in a Baptist church but hasn't been involved at all since leaving home. "You never really took ownership of your faith, did you?" and he had to agree. He has two young children, and seemed to be thinking hard when I asked if he would want them to grow up in a church. I talked about some of the "good person" questions based on the commandments, and he was just starting to see my point - that he isn't the good person he professes to be according to God's standard - when he had to rejoin his father whom he was shopping with. This was definitely an unfinished conversation, but still something that the Lord might use to get Raymond's attention again.

No comments: