FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
6/8/10 Mario, Ray, Joe          early 20's
Late at night after a busy day I drove to a nearby business area, where I went for a walk and began a conversation with a young man wearing headphones as he walked down the sidewalk, lost in his music. I gave him a "million dollar bill" tract and asked what he thought the million dollar question might be. "How to make a million dollars?" was his guess. I responded "I don't mean to be morbid here, but on the day we die a million dollars won't mean much to us right? What really matters is what comes next. Do you have any spiritual beliefs?" Mario has a Catholic upbringing and just graduated from Roosevelt University in Chicago with a major in English and a minor in philosophy. I asked what he learned from his studies of philosophy. "I have more questions than answers" he said. "I'm not an atheist, but I don't really believe in God either." "What would it take for you to believe in God?" I asked. He didn't know, but thought it was a good question, so I told him that I believe in God simply because all that we see and know - matter, energy, time and space - are subject to the laws of nature but there must be something outside of what we know that created them. If there are laws there must be a lawgiver. We live in a post modern age, where many no longer believe in absolute truth. In the modern age, we believed that by reason man could discover these truths, and in the pre-modern age we learned truth by revelation from God. Because I knew of his philosophy background, I knew I could reason with Mario in this way and in doing so earned the right to share the Gospel with him and his friends Ray and Joe, who had joined us to listen.

No comments: