FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
7/28/10 Lee, about 40
I stopped a confident looking business type (Lee) on a sidewalk, using a million dollar gospel tract to start a conversation. I asked Lee if he had any spiritual beliefs and he said he is very spiritual but has given up on church because he feels condemned for being gay. I responded by asking "outside of the controversy of being gay, would you say you are a good person?" Oh I'm a very good person, and I don't think anyone has a right to judge me otherwise". I asked what standard he uses to decide what is good. "I just feel it in my heart". "Do you believe it is wrong to lie, for example?" I asked. "I think it depends on the situation, and if I lie it's always for a good reason" We talked further and the "god" Lee had told me he believes in turned out to be an energy source that we are all a part of. "After all, I think we are all a part of God, and we bring heaven or hell upon ourselves." Though he grew up Catholic, Lee has been exploring eastern religions and yoga, which is why he had described himself as "very spiritual". I warned him about breaking the 2nd commandment, which people commonly do by forming an image of God - real or imaginary - that they are more comfortable with. "This is why we need an outside authority that reveals God to us, rather than defining Him for ourselves" I asked Lee if he had ever heard what Christians believe or if he had read the Bible. He said he hadn't in a long time, and although he had to get to a business meetings at the condominiums he owns, said he would read the additional info I offered him.

No comments: