FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
7/31/10    Gia,    25
At the park I walked by a large group of young ladies from a conservative church, judging from the fact that they all wore long dresses and had some sort of literature in their hands. I overheard some of them warning the others about a young man (Gia) who was following them and had been harassing them, so I went to talk to him.  I'm not sure what he had said to them but he seemed friendly enough. Gia is Asian/Latino, and said that he believes in much of what his Baptist mother taught him. He still lives at home at age 25, so I challenged him as to whether he has "taken ownership" of his faith, or is simply riding on his mother's coattails. He admitted he is still "searching", and as I asked more questions about his beliefs it seemed obvious he hasn't searched very hard. He really didn't know why Jesus was so important, other than being an inspirational leader. I spent some time explaining the gospel, from the bad news about sin and judgment to the good news of salvation through faith in Jesus. At the end Gia said "You've given me a lot to think about, stuff I never knew before. I feel like my head is spinning" I told Gia that it's good to ask questions and count the cost of being a Christian, but that following Jesus will always involve a leap of faith, and I encouraged him to make that leap today.

No comments: