FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
7/7/10 Daniel, 21          George, 22
On the sidewalk at a park I handed two young men (Daniel and George) million dollar bill gospel tracts to start a gospel conversation, and Daniel immediately recognized them from the "Way of the Master" television program on TV. I have never seen the TV show myself but I believe they show one to one witnessing conversations like they have on their website. Daniel is not a believer but since he has seen the TV show he recognized many of the basic questions I asked him - "Will you go to heaven?" "Are you a good person?" How will you be judged according to God's standards?" etc. The show had obviously had an impact on him because Daniel had many insightful questions for me beyond what he saw on TV. He asked about the reliability of the Bible, evolution, free will, the nature of God, and whether or not it was fair of God "to give Adam and Eve a rule to follow that he knew they would break." All our talk boiled down to one recurring theme - does God have the right to give us rules and hold us accountable to them without explanation? Daniel not only thought it unfair, but thought he deserved the right to accept or reject God's explanation. But I told him "A God who is answerable to someone, who isn't able to do as He chooses without explanation, isn't really God." Though God has revealed much to me as I have followed Him, there will always be those unanswerable questions that He simply owes no explanation for, because He is God and I am not. Daniel was seeing that his attitude toward God is the same attitude of rebellion against God's authority that Adam had in the garden. His friend George, a churchgoer but not a believer, agreed with this line of thinking but let me do all the talking. They both have a much better idea of where they stand with God.

No comments: