FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
7/12/10      Ken     , about 30
I met a man (Ken) out walking his dog and asked if it would be okay to ask him an interesting question. He said "sure, no problem" so I asked what he thinks will happen after this life. At first he responded by saying he didn't believe there is any life after this one. He goes to church so I asked why he goes. "Don't they teach about eternal life there?" "No", he said, "they just teach us how to live a better life right now". He said he does believe in God so I asked "If what the Bible says is true, that we will all die and face God's judgment, how would He judge you?" Ken surprised me by saying "I'd be in trouble, because I'm a bad person. I'd probably go to hell." Now, I guess I could have tried to convince him otherwise, that he is a good person worthy of God's love and heaven, but I've never seen anyone who truly thought they will go to hell with such a smug, unconcerned attitude. In fact, of the hundreds of people I've talked to, I don't believe I've met anyone who honestly thought they are destined for hell.  If Ken truly believed it he would be more than a little concerned, so I gave him some "good person" questions. He has broken 4 out of the 5 commandments I asked about, so I said "Your right! You aren't a good person! So what would God's judgment be?" Ken said "Oh I'd go to heaven." "Why's that?" "Because he knows my heart" he said. I told him "So you really do think your a good person" and he had to agree. I went on to share about Jesus but it was no use. Ken doesn't care about the Savior because he doesn't think he needs saving. In fact, he stated that "Jesus died for the really bad people, but not for me".

No comments: