FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
7/14/10 Temo, 26
I stopped a young man (Temo) out walking his dog at the park and gave him a million dollar bill gospel tract. I asked about his beliefs and he told me he believes in reincarnation. He seemed pretty confident about this at first so I asked a few questions about it. I soon found out he hadn't really thought through this belief because it was easy to find inconsistencies and contradictions, so he began to tell about other spiritual theories or experiences, such as several experiences of seeing a ghost. He had a post-modern view of religion - a lot of ideas but nothing he was committed to. I told him that eternity is important to think about. The Bible teaches that our souls will live forever which to me means that when all the stars in the sky have long since burned out and died our souls will continue to exist. I would want to know where I'll spend eternity. Temo wondered how a good God would send people to hell, so I spent some time explaining that God created hell precisely because He is good and loves justice and makes sure their are consequences to sin. He also loves people -so much that he gave his Son as a ransom so those of us who trust Him won't get the awful justice we deserve. Temo said this all made sense, though he could see this on more of an intellectual level. I pray it will reach his heart as well.

No comments: