FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
7/16/10    Alberto,    about 18
At the park I gave a Spanish million dollar bill tract to a young man (Alberto) sitting on a bench and soon found out he didn't know any English whatsoever. I used the little Spanish I've learned to ask him if he believes in God, which he does, and if he thinks he will go to heaven. He wasn't sure so I told him that the questions on the back of the tract would help him. I encouraged him to read it, said "buenas tardes" and turned to walk away but he suddenly said, in Spanish, that he didn't know much about Christianity and wanted to know more. I don't know if I've ever seen such a sincere look on anyone's face. I went back and struggled with my poor Spanish to explain more. He was very patient with me and good natured about it. Finally I gave him a Spanish Bible and another Spanish tract that explained things better. About half an hour later, after talking with others, I came back by and there he was, reading his Bible. He had read both tracts and was now really enjoying his new Bible. I again struggled to explain a few more things, encouraging him to put his faith in Jesus alone and to read his Bible every day. I left him there again, still reading his Bible. I wish I had prayed with him before I left. Even a simple prayer for him in his own language would have been an encouragement, but I didn't think about it at the time.

No comments: