FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
7/22/10 Saul about 25
Out after dark I walked past a man (Saul) waiting in his car with the window down so I gave him a "money" tract and told him about the questions on the back. It was too dark for him to read them so I asked "What do you think the most important question in the world would be?" He had no idea but when I suggested "What comes after this life?" he easily agreed. Saul grew up in a Jehovah Witness (JW) family but at age 15 his family left the JW's and he wasn't really sure why. He said they attended JW meetings every day and he did door to door witnessing for a year; but he really didn't know what it was all about - he just let the older people do all the talking. Now he seemed very confused about religion, yet very open to talking. In fact, when I was done with five "good person" questions on the Ten Commandments, his girlfriend pulled up behind us in her car and he said "She can wait - this is interesting... So how about the other five commandments?" So I went through the rest of the Ten Commandments and Saul could see his guilt. When I explained that God in his mercy allows a substitute to take the punishment we deserve, I emphasized this must be a perfect and infinitely worthy substitute, because no mere human could be a worthy substitute for the sins of the world. I emphasized this because to the JW's Jesus is not THE Son of God but simply just "a" son of God - on the same level as the rest of us. I wanted Saul to see that because Jesus is the only begotten Son of God, there is nothing we can do to add worth to His sacrifice in our place. As Jesus said on the cross, "It is finished". Saul gladly took more info and was very thankful for the conversation.

No comments: