FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
7/23/10 Arturo about 40
An important rule of thumb in evangelism is "law to the proud, grace to the humble". My experience has been that most people I talk to have been filled with pride, so its refreshing to find someone who is truly humble. Arturo, a truckdriver, had stopped near the park and gone to the concession stand, and I asked him about his beliefs. Although he doesn't attend church because he believes "going to church doesn't get you to heaven, and there are too many people there who think it does", he also believes God would judge him to be too sinful for heaven also. He didn't think it was possible to be sure of heaven, and had given up trying, saying he would just have to take his chances. He looked genuinely surprised and hopeful when I told him the Bible says there is a way for a sinner like him to go to heaven, and he listened with interest as I explained the way of salvation. Toward the end he asked a lot about where I go to church and what it was like. I explained that I go to a Bible church, with a focus on the God's word rather than manmade traditions. Looking back at the conversation, our discussion about the importance of church at the end distracted me from clearly calling Arturo to repentance and faith in Jesus Christ.

No comments: