FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
8/21/10 Casey, about 25
I'm glad I've been doing my homework. I was about to pass by a young man on the sidewalk (Casey) but I stopped him by asking if I could ask him an interesting question. As it turned out, over the next 40 minutes he had many interesting questions for me. He asked "Isn't the Bible just written by man?" Weren't the words of Jesus written long after He spoke them? How do we know if He really spoke them?" "Do you believe in dinosaurs and why aren't they mentioned in the Bible?" "Do you believe in evolution?" "You don't believe Jonah was swallowed by a whale, do you?" ":Haven't there been more wars done in the name of religion than for any other reason?" "Aren't 'good' and 'bad' relative terms?" "Weren't we born sinful already?" "Do we really have free will?" "How could it be fair of God to make us and then send us to hell?" "Do you think they should be allowed to build a mosque at ground zero?" Most people I've spoken with lately haven't asked these kinds of questions. But I'm glad I have done my homework and had satisfactory answers that, given the limited time we had to discuss them, were enough to allow me to continue on to share the gospel. Judging from the quality of his questions, Casey has been searching for truth for a long time, and today he finally heard it.

No comments: