FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
8/24/10     "Cheryl"    about 35
Out for a bike ride I ran into "Cheryl" (not her real name), who turned out to be yet another person who can't give up the idea that we are good people whom a good God must surely send to heaven. But "Cheryl" goes to my church and has listened to solid Gospel preaching for years! Our conversation was lighthearted when we happened to meet at a stoplight, until she asked what I was doing and I told her I was out looking to begin a gospel conversation. "Oh I could never do that, I wouldn't know what to say" she said so I told her that anyone who has a relationship with Jesus has something to tell those who don't. "Maybe I'm the one you should be talking to" she said, so for the next hour there at that stoplight I explained in as many ways as I could how we are sinners deserving God's wrath, but that God in His mercy gave His Son for us. At times she would "get it" but it seemed like some invisible force kept drawing her back to her default belief in her own goodness and ability to earn and deserve God's favor.  I don't know how else to say it except that she needs to be born again - something that only the Holy Spirit can do.(John 3:7-8)   I'm reminded that salvation is by Christ alone so that the glory will also be His alone.

No comments: