FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
8/3/10 Joe, about 25
I had a quick conversation with a young father (Joe) who was at the grocery store with his wife and daughter. I got his attention by giving him a million dollar gospel tract and asked if he had any spiritual beliefs. He said he believes in God, thinks about what might happen in 2012, and hopes there will be a heaven after we die, but beyond that he had no church upbringing or current involvement. I told him I'm from a nearby church and that I wanted him to know that the Bible teaches that there is a heaven and hell and a day of judgment. I asked "How do you think God would judge you?" Joe answered "Well, I'm not perfect, but people are always surprised at how helpful I am. I'd say I'm above average." I asked if he had heard of the Ten Commandments and he had, probably from seeing the Charlton Heston movie, so I encouraged him to test himself with the questions on the back of the tract to see how he'd be judged according to God's commandments. I said "I failed it myself!" and this put a look of curiosity on his face. I could see he didn't have time for a long conversation with his family there, so I left it at that.

No comments: