FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
9/10/10 Rahm, about 22
I went with Marcos, a church brother and a junior at IIT, to the IIT campus where we met Rahm, a student from India, on the sidewalk. When I asked about his beliefs he said that he doesn't believe in God or any kind of higher power, yet he does believe in a heaven and hell for good and bad people. When I pointed out that someone must be the final judge to determine where we end up, he finally said that he is a Muslim and believes that Allah is that judge. When I found this out, I began a line of reasoning specifically for Muslims. I talked about God's infinite holiness, something Muslims must agree with. From there the next logical step is to explain how God's perfect justice would demand an infinite punishment when we disrespect Him by disregarding His law, and how He would be offended when we try to bribe him with our good works, described in Isaiah as "filthy rags". (Isaiah 64:6) Rahm agreed that no amount of good deeds could "pay" for the bad we've done. I said all this to explain why and how we need a Savior, and from there it was easy to talk about our need for Jesus and the cross. Rahm received all this on an intellectual level and appreciated the conversation.

No comments: