FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
9/1/10 Frank, Jose, Israel - late teens
A few days ago I wrote about a man named Vido who seemed very calloused and hardened by sin. I assumed it took a lifetime to reach this state, but today I met two teens (Frank and Jose) whose utter disregard for others and the things of God would make Vido blush. The constant use of profanity and vulgarity, of joking references to sin and the use of blasphemy and mockery of God were hard to hear as I carried on a conversation with them. In addition, they had such short attention spans that, even though they asked some questions about God, they were not patient enough to listen for the answer. I had explained the bad news about "sin, righteousness and judgment" (John 16:8), but when they indifferently asked how they could be saved I replied "That's a secret you're not ready for" and for good reason - they had no sense of conviction yet and to tell them the good news of the cross and our hope of salvation in Jesus would have been like "throwing your pearls to the pigs" (Matt 7:6) Although much of what they had said was to try to shock the "church guy", I think when I said this they were shocked into wanting to hear more. Another young man that I've witnessed to before named Israel had joined the conversation and he was much more respectful, so I asked him to read out loud from the tracts I had given, and we had a good discussion about each point. He helped them to be more respectful, and they helped him vividly see the rebellion against God that our sin is.

1 comment:

Callie Scott Grady said...

A friend of my husband and I has trex w/ tics. He blirts out and touches thing numerous times. He has gone to work at a place for handicap people. I have told him he is there for a reason. He is a weak man, who feels helpless some times. I tell him God uses the weak things of this earth. He tells how the young people just curse and use God's name in vain. And he tells them they should not use the God who gave them Breath today, name in vain. I'm praying the Holy Spirit remind them of that befor they ever speak a word from their mouth.