FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
9/28/10    Xavier,     about 45
Just when I was beginning to wonder where the true believers in Jesus are I've come across four just in the last two days, one of whom was Xavier whom I met while he was walking his dog. Xavier attended an evangelical church for years, but wasn't truly born again until God got his attention through a lifesaving surgery a year ago. Every morning he looks at his surgical scar and praises God for another day of life. I encouraged him to share his faith, that God could also use him to "get people's attention" before resorting to something so drastic as surgery. I told him about the increasingly uncommon but very biblical approach of using the law to prepare peoples' hearts for grace.(Gal.3:24)   "People don't hang on to the Savior until they know they need saving".I explained.  Because his own church is so far away from where he lives, he was glad to hear about my church nearby and would like to visit soon. I prayed with him, for God's blessing on his faith, his church, his family. I thank God for the rare but encouraging conversations I am privileged to have with Christians while witnessing, not just "church people" but those who have truly trusted Christ alone for a right relationship with God. I wonder though, is it rare to find them because God puts mainly unbelievers in my path who need to hear the gospel the most, or are there really so few Christians out there? I hope it's the first reason, but I suspect it's the second. (Matt 7:13-14)

No comments: