FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
10/25/10    Alex,    about 30
Every so often in the course of a conversation I stumble upon new ways to share gospel truths, some better than others. Today I talked to a young man named Alex who I met on the sidewalk on his way home from the grocery store. He calls himself a Christian but trusts in his own goodness, with no idea what Jesus came for. After using the law to help him see his sin, I explained that God's standard is perfection. Many people have said that God's perfect standard is unfair because it is impossible to reach, but when I explained to Alex that the main purpose of God's law is not to frustrate us by requiring us to do the impossible but to show us how much we need Jesus, it seemed like a light came on as this made sense to him. I based this on Gal. 3:24, which says that "the law was put in charge to lead us to Christ that we might be justified by faith." I wonder though - is this a good biblical truth to share when witnessing, or will unbelievers simply use this as another excuse to continue in their sin?

No comments: