FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
10/5/10     Dennis    early 20's
Today I and Paul, one of our church elders, went out to share the gospel near the University of Illinois Chicago campus. We met Dennis, a business student. After agreeing to answer my questions he told us he grew up in a Buddhist home but doesn't hold to its beliefs or any religious beliefs for that matter.. He didn't believe in any higher power or an afterlife. "What would it take for you to at least believe God may exist?" I asked. He didn't know. I spent some time explaining how God's creation points to a creator and how the laws of nature point to a lawgiver. He finally agreed it may be at least possible, so I went on to explain about God's law and the condemnation we deserve. Dennis then changed his tune, saying that he preferred Buddhism, forgetting he had rejected it at the beginning. He said it really helps him to live ethically, so I asked how well he kept even his own standards of right and wrong. He had already admitted he didn't. I said "It's no wonder why many people choose not to believe in the Christian God who holds us accountable - they think if they ignore Him he'll go away!" Dennis had to agree and, at least intellectually, wanted to hear how the Bible says sinners like us can be made right with God, so I did. God has an entire world view to change in Dennis, and I think today He made a few steps in that direction.

No comments: