FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
10/6/10     Jesus'      about 35
Today Eric (from my church) joined me as we went to reach out to someone on the IIT campus. We came across a well dressed man who had just arrived on his bike, going to his job as a waiter for a catering company. His name is Jesus' and he moved here from Spain several years ago. He grew up Catholic but left the church in his late teens along with most of his friends. I asked why he left and received possibly the most honest answer I've heard so far - "Sex" he said, "There were a lot of beautiful women around and I didn't like living with a guilty conscience". Eric and I wondered later if this isn't the same reason a lot of guys have, only to cloak it in intellectualism or some other excuse. The bottom line, I told Jesus', is that just like Adam and Eve, we want what we want, when we want it and we don't like God telling us what we can and cannot do. Now that he has been married a few years, Jesus' is seeking to find out more about God, though he doesn't consider himself a believer just yet. He showed a small orange Gideon Bible he has been reading, and was very interested to find out more about Christianity. He attended Jehovah's Witness meetings for a few months, but knew enough to realize they have an altered version of the Bible that denies that Jesus is the Son of God. I explained why that is so important, how His death on the cross is a substitute by God's mercy for the punishment we deserve. The Ten Commandments helped Jesus' personalize his guilt and see his need for the Savior. He was running late for work, but I gave him much to read and think about after work.

No comments: