FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
11/13/10 Felicia, Steve, Jose, and others
While standing in the deli line at the grocery store, I decided to share some gospel truth with the next person who joined the line. It turned out to be a young African-American woman named Felicia.  I gave her a MDB gospel tract, and she said she believes in God and that she will go to heaven because, as she put it, "I've never really done anything wrong" She doesn't attend church but did as a child, so I appealed to some of her prior knowledge: "Well I'm sure you know you're not perfect" "Right" "So the question isn't whether you are good, but are you good enough" "That's right" Now compared to other people, you can always think of someone worse than yourself, but God has his own standards - the Ten Commandments." She again agreed. "How do you compare to God's standard? If you're like me, you know you haven't kept his commandments. I deserve punishment, but that's why Jesus came - for sinners like me, not for 'good' people"... This was the same kind of short conversation I had with a dozen people while grocery shopping - not deep or long but something you and I can do in the course of our daily activities. Every one of the people I talked to today initially stated they believe they will go to heaven because they are good people. Whether they are confused Christians or unbelievers, they can all be blessed by a friendly reminder of our need for Christ crucified. (1 Cor. 1:23)

No comments: