FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
11/28/10     Kudic, Steve   , both about 20
Every person is different. This is a lesson I need to learn and relearn repeatedly. Today I was out jogging and stopped by the IIT campus, where I came across an engineering student from India named Kudic. He grew up in a Hindu household, but took no interest in the spiritual beliefs of his family nor in having a conversation about spiritual things with me. He focuses on his studies and doesn't believe in a higher power or feel motivated to think about such things. The best I could do was give him some general advice that just as he is preparing for a career, so eternity is worth preparing for too. A minute later I had a similar conversation with Steve, also an IIT student, but unlike Kudic he said he does believe there is some kind of life after this one and some kind of higher power out there, though he had no ideas about it. In hindsight I believe he would have been happy to discuss these questions further, but I treated him as if he had the same disinterest as Kudic and so I gave him the same sort of general advice about eternity. One of my goals in evangelism is to avoid the "cookie-cutter" approach and learn to genuinely listen to people individually and respond as I feel led by the Holy Spirit. I didn't do that today.

No comments: