FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
11/29/10    Sergio    (again) mid 40's
Today after work I stopped in a residential area for a walk, and came across a middle aged man doing push-ups and stretching out before a run. I congratulated him for his ambition and he brightened up, recognizing me. "I remember you! You're Jeff, right?" We had a conversation across the street from my church one Sunday morning, (5/23/10) but I had to admit I didn't remember him. I asked what impact our conversation had on him. He happily told how he is turning his life around. He had given up a drug habit for a gambling habit, but recently gave them both up and has been attending his Catholic church again. He told how happy his wife and kids have been with the changes he has made. As we talked further, however, I could see he is still in the trap of thinking he can earn a place in heaven through good works, and I realize he has basically repented of his sin without the flip side of the same coin - belief in Jesus unto salvation. Repentance and belief can't exist without each other so I did all I could to help Sergio realize what was missing. He promised he would read more carefully the booklet I had given him a few months ago and start reading his Bible. I was glad to see the progress in his life and it was good to run into someone I had talked to months before.

No comments: