FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
11/5/10    Greg, about 25
At a truckstop somewhere in Wisconsin, I had a two minute talk with a young man (Greg) at a gas pump that, God willing, could have an eternal impact in his life. Using a MDB as a springboard into talking about eternal things, I asked if he believes in heaven and thinks he will go there. "If i can stop drinkin' so much" he said. I asked about his church background, found out he is Catholic, and asked "If we could get to heaven by being good people, then why did Jesus die on the cross?" He shrugged. I continued - "He died for sinners like me and you, right? We can't ever earn our way to heaven by being good enough, but doing good is a result of what God has done to save us" That's it. Just a quick friendly reminder of the gospel to a man who already feels he can't make it on his own. Maybe God will use that

No comments: