FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
11/9/10 Luis, 55
After praying that God would allow me to be a blessing to someone at the park today, I met Luis, who was sitting at a picnic table, and asked if he would answer some questions about his beliefs. He did, and I found him to be ignorant of the things of God, but sincere in wanting to know more. He grew up Catholic and believes in God, but said all the different opinions about the life to come just makes him feel confused. I agreed, saying "If you ask a 100 people, you'll get a hundred different opinions, right? But the only opinion that matters is God's opinion and what He has revealed about himself". I explained that the Bible is where God chose to reveal Himself to us, and Luis agreed but said it was too hard to read. He had been bogged down in all the genealogies found in Genesis. I spent some time giving some practical advice on how to read the Bible as a beginner, and went on to tell him about God's law and grace, getting the impression he had never heard it put that way before. I gave him a Gospel of John in Spanish, his own language, and prayed for God''s blessing upon his work, family and especially that he could have a right standing with God through faith in Jesus.Ending the conversation with a prayer of blessing for Luis seemed so natural after having prayed that I could be a blessing to him before we even met.

No comments: