FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
12/10/10       Art,   20
I stopped at the grocery store and found Art, a sophomore in college who is working as a Salvation Army bellringer, taking a break in the coffee area. He agreed to answer my questions and I found him to be interested in religion but he was of the opinion that no one has the right to say that their beliefs are any more true than any other. Where do I go from here? I told him that I am a Christian and asked him to look at things from my perspective: If I really believe that without faith in Christ people are condemned, then what kind of person would I be if I didn't tell them how they could be saved, whether what I believe is true or not? I compared it to having the cure for cancer but not sharing it with anyone. Art said "But if people want to find out about Christianity they can just look it up on a website or something". "True", I told him, "but people don't look for a cure unless they know they are sick". Art also wondered how people could be punished simply for unbelief. I agreed with him, saying "Ëven if I gave you a million dollars to believe the world is flat, you couldn't force yourself to believe it. But the Bible teaches that we should know our Creator exists simply from the fact of creation, so we are without excuse. (Romans 2)  I explained how it is rebellion against God's rule for which we are condemned. He had to get back to work so I quickly explained the gospel and gave him Cahill's book "One Second After You...Die" along with my contact info. "You really want to convert me, don't you?" Art asked. "Well" I said, "Jesus said to count the cost (Luke 14:28) but we aren't promised tomorrow and yes, I want to see you in heaven one day".

No comments: